Sunday 17 May 2015

Milkmaid Seviyan Kheer\ Milkmaid Vermicelli Payasam

I had this milkmaid lying in my refrigerator for quite some time now. I guess I had brought it for some cake preparation in the past. It was high time I use it. Finally I thought of preparing the seviyan kheer with milkmaid. It was very long since I last prepared kheer.

Seviyan kheer with milkmaid turned out really delicious and creamy. The unusual sweetness of the milkmaid when added to the kheer will just melt your tongue :)



Ingredients
Seviyan (Vermicelli) - half cup
Milk - 2.5 cups
Elaichi (Cardomom powder) - half teaspoon
Cashew nuts
Badam (Almonds)
Milkmaid - 4 tablespoon
Ghee - to roast the dry fruits and vermicelli
Saffron - 3-4 strands

Procedure
1. Boil the milk and keep aside. Soak 3-4 strands of saffron in half cup of milk for around 20 mins.
2. Roast the cashew nuts and almonds  in little ghee till golden brown and keep aside.
3. Next roast the vermicelli till golden brown.
4. Add the 2 cups boiled milk and let the vermicelli cook in the milk for some time
5. Next add the elaichi powder and stir well. Also add the saffron along with the milk.
6. Finally add the milkmaid and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Add the roasted dry fruits.

Milkmaid Seviyan Kheer is ready
Serve it either hot or chilled.



Notes:
1. After some time, kheer starts to become dry. Add one teaspoon milkmaid or hot milk.
2. Adjust the sweetness with sugar. I usually don't add sugar when I add milkmaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment