Wednesday 15 March 2017

Poss/ Kharwas (without using colostrum milk)

"Poss"... This reminds of of my childhood memories when my grandmother use to prepare this using the colostrum milk. Colostrum milk is the first milk from the cow after giving birth to a calf.

My granny used to add in some whole cream milk in that and steam it to prepare this delicious and super healthy Poss.

Those were the olden village days. Now a days, its really difficult to find colostrum milk. Many times I still long to eat this delicious Poss. A few days back, I just stumbled upon the recipe of preparing Poss without colostrum milk and that got me super excited.

I tried it out at home and was super hit at home.



Ingredients:
Sweetened condensed milk - 1 cup\
Whole cream milk - 1 cup
Curd/ Yoghurt - 1 cup
Cardamom / Elaichi powder - half tsp
Nutmeg powder - quarter tsp

Procedure:
1. Take a mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients and mix well.
2. Pour it in a container and steam it in the pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes removing the whistle (similar to the way how idlis are steamed)
3. Once it cools down, refrigerate it for 2-3 hours. This will help it to set better.
4. Drain out the excess water if any.

That's it :)
The delicious Poss is ready

Serve it chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment