Wednesday 8 June 2016

Masale Bhaat\ Spiced Rice

When am running out of veggies in my pantry, masale bhaat comes to my rescue. As the name says, it is spiced rice. Add in all the spices and cook the basmati rice with all these spices. Yum Yum Yum :)

I usually prepare it in my steel pressure cooker. If you don't have one, you can prepare it in a any other container or vok too. Just adjust the amount of water added. I like cooking it in the pressure cooker, as it is fast and easy :)

Serve it with Raita, pickle and papad.
I served it with Brocolli salad just to add some veggies for my dinner.

Ingredients:
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
1 Onion - finely chopped
4 cloves
2 small pieces of Cinnamon
2 Star Anise (whole)
Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 2 tablespoons

Procedure:
1. Wash the basmati rice and keep it for about half an hour.
2. Take a pressure cooker, add the oil and then add the whole spices like cloves, cinnamon and star anise.
3. Next add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown. Also add a pinch of salt.
4. Add the garam masala and mix well.
5. Add the washed rice and mix.
6. Finally add 2 cups hot water and sufficient salt.
7. Take 3 whistles.

The delicious Masale Bhaat is ready.
Serve it with Raita, pickle, papad and some salad.



Notes:
1. You can also add some veggies like carrots, beans to prepare vegetable masale bhaat.

No comments:

Post a Comment