Monday 23 May 2016

Apple Jam\ Apple Sauce

This is my first attempt at making a jam. I had abundance of apples at home. So I thought giving a try to apple jam. My attempt was very successful, hence it is here on my blog :)

This apple jam is really easy to prepare, No Preservatives, No colours and can stay in fridge for around a month. What more would anyone want ;)



Ingredients:
Royal Gala Apples - 3
Sugar - 2 tablespoon
Cinnamon sugar - 1 tsp
lemon juice - 1 tsp
water - 1 cup

Procedure:
1. Wash and peel the apple skin. Cut it into small cubes.
2. Take 1 cup of water and keep it for boiling.
3. When it starts boiling, add the apple pieces.
4. Once the apple is cooked, add the sugar and cinnamon sugar and let it cook till most of the water is evaporated.

5. Sprinkle the lemon juice and mix well.
6. Store in the fridge in an air tight container



The Apple jam is ready. Serve it with any toast for your delicious breakfast.



Tips:
1. I have used Royal Gala apples to prepare this jam. You can try with other varieties of apples too.

No comments:

Post a Comment