Wednesday 27 January 2021

Stuffed Bell Peppers

I had these bell peppers of vibrant colors lying in my pantry. That inspired me to hunt for some recipes for bell peppers and I came across this stuffed version.

After reading some recipes on the internet, I just tried my own version.

That was my first attempt and it came out really good. They not only looked great, but tasted great as well.

This one turned out a big winner in my family.

It can be served as a great starter. Bigger portions can be served as a main coarse as well.

Ingredients:

3 Bell peppers of assorted colors (I used Red, Orange and Yellow)

Cooked rice - 1 cup

Boiled corn - half cup

1 onion - finely chopped

Pizza sauce - 2 tbsp

Baked beans - 300 gms

5 Cherry Tomatoes - chopped

Feta

Shredded cheese

Oil

Salt

Crushed pepper

Chili flakes

Procedure:

1. Wash all the bell peppers and wipe them dry. Cut them into two identical halves.

2. In boiling water, boil them for 5 minutes. Rinse of all the water and let them dry.

3. In the meantime, lets prepare the stuffing. Take a wok, add oil, add onions and fry them.

4. Next add the cherry tomatoes, boiled corn and the pizza sauce. Finally add the baked beans and rice. Cook for a couple of mins and put off the stove

5. Next add in the feta, pepper, chili flakes and mix well.

6. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Line a baking tray and arrange the bell peppers.

7. Add the prepared stuffing a below

8. Bake it for 10 mins in the oven.

9. Sprinkle the shredded cheese and bake for another 15 mins.

The delicious Stuffed Bell Peppers are ready.










No comments:

Post a Comment